Sunday 19 June 2011

My Little Story - 2: Don't count your chickens before they are hatched


  
A Milk-maid had been to the meadow to milk her cows. Now she was returning home with a pail of milk on her head.

She thought, "I will make cream and butter out of this milk. Then selling them, I will buy eggs. and when they hatch, I shall have a good poultry farm."

She further thought, "I shall sell some of my fowls and buy a fine dress. Seeing it on my body at the fair, all the boys will admire me.
 But I will turn them away just tossing my head at them."
Lost in day dreams, she forgot about the pail on her head. She tossed her head with a jerk and the pail of milk came tumbling down. it was broken and all the milk got spilt. 
 

"Dear O dear !" she cried, "I have lost my all."

MORAL: Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

3 comments:

  1. Just do your karma and leave the result to god as he is the more caring and loving father; he knows what is our right and what will harm us, he is more worried about us than ourselves....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This anecdote imparts precisely the message and moral as in the famous saying "It is no good to make castle in the air."

    In spiritual path too, it imparts us best moral - Whatever karma we do, we should do them as our duty and responsibility. We should not form any desire of own to keep ourselves happy as desire of own happiness never make any person or the God Father happy at all."

    Sterling moral in the story - over ambition in life is really deleterious and annihilating.

    Jai Shree Radhey !!!

    ReplyDelete